This release of Genomicus is specifically associated with a study describing the evolution of the ancestral vertebrate genome (Pre-2R).
A more recent version of Genomicus without the Pre-2R reconstructed ancestor is available here
Enter a gene name or a CNE name (Ensembl nomenclature or approved gene symbol)
You can restrict the search to one species (ancestral or modern).
Selected examples: fgf1a, Phox2B, egr2. More details on examples can be found here
Genomicus is a genome browser that enables users to navigate in genomes in several dimensions: linearly along chromosome axes, transversaly across different species, and chronologicaly along evolutionary time.
Once a query gene has been entered, it is displayed in its genomic context in parallel to the genomic context of all its orthologous and paralogous copies in all the other sequenced metazoan genomes. Moreover, Genomicus stores and displays the predicted ancestral genome structure in all the ancestral species within the phylogenetic range of interest.
All the data on extant species displayed in this browser are from Ensembl.
Summary statistics of Genomicus version 69.10:
(view species tree in pdf
|Number of extant species||61|
|Number of extant genes||1096608|
|Number of ancestral species||52|
|Number of ancestral genes||946931|
|Number of ancestral synteny blocks||30983|What's new in version 69.10 ?
- This version is specifically associated with a study describing the evolution of the ancestral vertebrate genome and available here
- Version 69.10 of Genomicus stores data from Ensembl release 69
- Compared to the generic version 69.01, version 69.10 has the following differences
- New "Pre-2R" genome reconstruction, i.e. the ancestral vertebrate genome immediately preceeding the 2 whole genome duplications at the root of the Vertebrate lineage
- Note that ancestral genes in the pre-2R genome reconstruction are in an arbitrary order
- Improved reconstruction of the ancestral Amniota genome, with 49 chromosomes and additional small unplaced blocks.
- Webserver code version 2017-06-13
- No CNEs, no % protein ID nor dN/dS data
- Vignettes below point directly to new data specific to this version
Pairwise genomes comparaison
|Phyldiag View||Matrix View||Karyotype View